Monday, October 11, 2010

What I've been doing...

is not what I should have been doing!

Instead of going over the next blocks for Farmer's Wife, I decided I needed to try making a block I found in a magazine. I first read about it on the Quiltmaker Blog here. I was curious, and when I saw the magazine with the block directions I knew I had to buy it.

I'm all about making blocks efficiently. I tried this method out using two Halloween fabrics. I didn't necessarily like the scrappy look of this quilt with more contemporary fabrics.

Here's what I got. Two 8" squares of fabric will make one block at 9". With minimal piecing.

Really, I couldn't have worked on FWSQ blocks if I wanted to due to computer problems. But, those are being fixed as I type and I'll be working on blocks tomorrow night. Going to try something different this time and finish piecing some of the blocks in class. Maybe we'll even do a rotary cutting refresher to make sure we all make the best use of our beautiful fabrics. Whew! that's a lot to do in 2 hours.

If you are interested in learning about the block above and technique, let Kate know. She does have the book in the shop - Rotary Cutting Revolution. If you're thinking...uggg...a whole quilt with black and orange...don't worry. This will probably only amount to a lap quilt. I have the perfect striped border/binding fabric just waiting for it too! The fabric is Minick & Simpson's Halloween Night.


No comments:

Post a Comment