Thursday, June 16, 2011

My graduating class of 2011

Whew! It's been a busy last few months for me. Over the past few weeks, I've completed 6 quilts for local graduates...I call this my Class of 2011.





I really enjoy making these quilts alnd earning more about the recipient as I cut the shirts, iron on the interfacing (or when I watch my husband iron on the interfacing for me!)  and then piece it all back together. I always wonder how the quilt will be used - on a bed in their new college dorm or back home in their old room? I hope my quilts are USED...they are made to be used.

I think these quilts are also great conversation starters and a way to get a glimpse into someone's history by seeing where they've been, what concerts they've been to, what teams they played on, what pro athletes they are fans of and what performances they've been in.

I also enjoy seeing the person I've made a quilt for. Our local newspaper runs a graduation tabloid each May and shows pictures of the graduating seniors. It is always fun to see a photo of the person you're making a keepsake for.

I've found that for the most part, the kids who have a quilt made for them are top students, great athletes, super actors, homecoming queens and all around great kids.

Congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment